What's being worked on at the MULTIPURPOSE FACILITY
Click on the thumbnails below to see photos of what is happening now at the Multipurpose Facility.
This project is paid for with Irving TIF funds
- Banquet hall that can also function as a student testing location
- Can seat a maximum of 1800 (concentrated assembly, chairs only) or 861 (unconcentrated assembly, tables and chairs) – and is large enough to meet the requirement to test up to 500 students
- Miscellaneous break-out conference and meeting spaces
- Culinary arts kitchen facility and café
- Technology warehousing facility
- Technology offices and workspaces
- New Network Operating Center for the entire district
- The size of the complex, once completed, will be approximately 50,000 sq. ft.
As of May 29, 2019, earth work (moving and scraping dirt) for the building pad is complete. Pier drilling and grade beams are ongoing. Storm and water piping installation is ongoing. Piers are 98% complete. Grade beams are 90% complete. Weather continues to delay the schedule.
Estimated date of completion
The estimated completion date for the Network Operating Center is late November 2019, with the balance of the facility targeted to be complete by the end of April 2020.